"Luv2Teach77" offered this long list of ideas for class books to make throughout the year.
I make several class books throughout the year. I love that these books get my students into writing about things they enjoy and reading each other's writing. They always ask, "When's it my turn to take the book home?"
Here's a list of some of the class books we make throughout the year:
• Our Names are Very Special (written after reading Chrysanthemum by Kevin Henkes and researching how they got their names)
• Our Weird Parents (written after reading Weird Parents by Audrey Wood... Students write about weird things their parents do)
• Our Apple Picking Trip (written after a field trip to the apple orchard)
• Our Pets are Special (written after reading Henry and Mudge from our reading books)
• What We Like About October
• Can You Guess What We're Going to be for Halloween? (students write a description of their Halloween costume without revealing what it is...then they illustrate themselves wearing the costume which we cover up with a little ghost cut-out that lifts up to reveal the costume)
• Our Pumpkin Picking Trip (written after a field trip to pick a pumpkin)
• Our Favorite Kinds of Candy (students can bring in a wrapper from their favorite candy to use in their illustration, great to do right after Halloween when there's plenty of wrappers)
• We Are Thankful for Many Things
• Our Favorite Kinds of Pie
• Why We Love December
• Our Christmas Wish List
• If We Were Gingerbread People
• 2013 is Going to be a Great Year
• Winter is Wonderful
• Why We Love Snow Days!
• Our 100th Day of School
• Will the Groundhog See His Shadow?
• People We Love
• If I Were the President...
• If I Were a Leprechaun...
• I Feel Lucky
• Our Favorite Kinds of Weather
• Three Things We Can't Bear (students write about 3 things that really bother them)
• What We Want to "Bee" When We Grow Up (students write about what they want to be when they grow up on bee-shaped paper)
View original post: http://www.proteacher.org/a/143880_Class_Books.html